- 1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 5 ounces), cooked
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Toss with garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles. Pass sour cream.